19/05/2014

PORTFOLIO UPDATING

Since leaving university my portfolio has gradually developed not only in content but also in presentation. What I've certainly learnt over time is to keep it simple and one of the main reasons for this is that the project should really be the main feature of the page.

Another reason for simplicity is that the person viewing it is likely to be looking over it quickly rather than examining everything on the page, so I try to keep images clear and few. Having a simple portfolio also means I can keep my portfolio timeless. For a print portfolio a very stylised design means having to reprint all projects every time that design changes, and that's not going to be cheap.

Having a simple layout means it's easy to update my portfolio when a design job is completed. Above is my most recent project update and the back page to my latest portfolio design.

Last year's portfolio cover

No comments:

Post a Comment